ROCKLITE sliding fire doors are lightweight. Putting less strain on the sliding gear and therefore lasting longer.
Manufactured to SANS 1253:2003 (edition 3) and stringently tested by the SABS over the years with a proven fire protection rate of two and a half hours. ROCKLITE sliding fire doors have many other advantages over traditional fire doors.
- ROCKLITE sliding fire doors are lightweight. Putting less strain on the sliding gear and therefore lasting longer. They are manufactured in a wide range of sizes and veneers to match existing surfaces.
- Constructed with an inner monolithic, asbestos-free, fire resistant core, ROCKLITE sliding fire doors have reinforced steel inserts strategically located within the core material to strengthen hinging and hydraulic closure attachment.
NATIONAL TEST STANDARDS
Class A Class B Class D Class E
Stability 1 hour 2 hours 2 hours ½ hour
Integrity ½ hour 1 hour 2 hours ½ hour
Insulation ½ hour 1 hour 2 hours ½ hour
Impact Test n/a n/a yes n/a
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS A sliding door shall be so designed and constructed that, when the door is installed in accordance with the manufactures instructions and closed,
- The average floor clearance does not exceed 12mm, and
- The average clearance between the door and the overlap section of the walls does not exceed 10mm, and the maximum clearance does not exceed 15mm.
- STABILITY the door or assembly shall withstand the prescribed fire exposure and effectively close an opening without the doors moving out of the frame by more than 25mm.
- INTEGRITY the door or assembly shall withstand the prescribed fire exposure without the development, at any point of the door, of a straight-through gap of width that exceeds 6mm.
- INSULATION the door or assembly shall withstand the prescribed fire exposure without the mean temperature of the exposed face rising to more than 140°C initial ambient temperature, or the temperature at any point of the face rising to more than 180°C above initial temperature.
- IMPACT TEST (class C & D assemblies only) enables the door to resist two successive impacts of a sandbag 250 mm in diameter and a mass of 27kg without the formation of any opening wider than 25 mm. This test, which is fully described in The South African National Standard Section 5.5 and 5.6.
Doors are clad with a variety of finishes including Masonite, Sapele Veneer, Commercial Veneer, White Oak Veneer, Poerier Formica and many more variants, as per customer requirements. A class D Fire door is finished with either veneer on external side and concealed steel cladding or steel clad on external side, once again, this is as per customer requirements.
HORIZONTAL SLIDING DOORS
A horizontal sliding door shall be suspended from an overhead rail (or rails) that are protected from dirt and foreign matter. Floor-mounted guide rails shall not be used.
VERTICAL SLIDING DOORS
Vertical sliding doors shall
- Move in protected non-combustible guides,
- Be so arranged and controlled that they can descend completely within 30 s, and
- Be so regulated that for the last 2 m of their decent they do not travel faster than 0.5 m/s.
The width and height of a sliding door shall be such that, when the sliding door is closed, each vertical boundary of the opening is overlapped by at least 75mm and the upper boundary of the opening is overlapped by at least 100mm.
We have a very strict quality controling system which promise that Fire Resistant Doors we produce are always of best quality!All items we are selling are best quality among the similar products.All items will be strict tested before shipping!We promise: provide you the most reasonable prices,high quality and the best services.We are sincerely looking for your cooperation.
P&H Protective Plaster Systems (Pty) Ltd was established in 1979 . We is an exporter of South Africa Watercraft Parts products. We have implemented a strict and complete quality control system, which ensures that each product can meet quality requirements of customers! We are seeking for cooperation with clients with sincerity.Please visit our website at www.phrocklite.co.za for complete informations about our company!